Snacking could be the downfall of any try at a nutritious diet. Choosing nibbles like chocolate, crisps and biscuits can shortly inflate your every day calorie depend, and even more healthy shop-bought choices like protein bars and dried fruit could be teeth-tinglingly excessive in sugar.
Simply because it’s simpler to maintain tabs on what you’re consuming by cooking your personal dinners relatively than choosing microwave meals, making your personal snacks ensures you’re not overloading on sugar, salt, fats and energy.
Regardless of the supply of your snacks, nevertheless, it’s necessary that they fulfill your mid-morning/mid-afternoon/late-night cravings, in any other case you’ll be again on the biscuits very quickly. This spiced apple chips recipe – created by Dr Rupy Aujla (The Physician’s Kitchen) as a part of the Nice British Apples #GoodnessToGo marketing campaign – is packed filled with flavour, making it the proper answer to between-meal tummy rumblings. Make cooking a batch of those chips a part of your Sunday night routine and also you’ll have a jar filled with wholesome snacks to take to the workplace come Monday morning.
- 400g Braeburn apples
- 1tsp floor cinnamon
- 1tsp floor cardamom seeds
- ½tsp floor ginger
- Pinch of salt
- 1tsp coconut oil
- Preheat the oven to 160°C (fan assisted) or fuel mark 3.
- Combine the spices in a bowl.
- Thinly slice the apple into 1-2mm rounds and faucet them so the seeds fall out.
- Cowl the slices with the spice combine and place on a baking trays greased with coconut oil or lined with baking paper.
- Bake for 45 minutes till dry. Flip the apples midway by means of for an excellent bake and take them out of the oven a bit early in the event you choose them barely chewy.
- Enable to chill and retailer in an hermetic jar.
You’ll be able to experiment with totally different spices to create your personal apple chip variations. Floor cloves and nutmeg are different good choices, or in the event you choose your snacks to be savoury, strive utilizing ½tsp floor chilli, a pinch of salt, ½tsp black pepper and 1tsp floor cumin to make your spice combine.