Soup is without doubt one of the greatest meals to make in bulk, as a result of it’s fast to throw collectively, simple to retailer and (up to a degree) tends to get extra flavourful with time within the fridge. It’s additionally a terrific meal for these chasing down their five-a-day, as a result of you’ll be able to bundle in a great deal of veg and mix it up. Take this wholesome crimson pepper and lentil soup for example. You possibly can knock up a batch of it in underneath an hour on the weekend and also you’ll have 4 nice lunches for the working week. Or, in the event you favor bulkier serving sizes, two completely large lunches.
This crimson pepper soup recipe comes from It’s Pepper Time, a marketing campaign designed to get folks within the UK consuming extra peppers. You’ll discover extra pepper-filled recipes on the web site.
RECOMMENDED: Get Your 5-A-Day In One Go With This Cauliflower Dhal Recipe
Substances (Serves 4)
Three crimson bell peppers, deseeded and finely diced
2tbsp olive oil
1 onion, diced
1 garlic clove, crushed
1 massive carrot, finely diced
1 crimson chilli, deseeded and diced
2 sprigs rosemary, leaves picked and finely chopped
5 sprigs thyme, leaves picked
100g cut up crimson lentils
500ml vegetable inventory
80g blended nuts, roughly chopped
½tbsp soya unfold
1. In a big saucepan, warmth the oil over a medium warmth. Add the onion, garlic, peppers and carrot and cook dinner for ten minutes till the greens have softened.
2. Stir within the chilli, ¾ of the rosemary and thyme, lentils, inventory and 200ml water and produce to a delicate simmer. Cowl and cook dinner for 25 minutes till the greens and lentils are tender.
3. In the meantime preheat the oven to 180°C/gasoline mark 4.
4. Tip the nuts onto an ovenproof tray and roast within the oven for eight to 10 minutes, till they flip a light-weight golden color.
5. Take away the nuts from the oven and stir within the soya unfold and remaining herbs. Season nicely and return to the oven for 2 to 4 minutes till golden.
6. Mix the soup to create a clean texture. Divide into 4 parts, scatter over the nuts and serve.