Cooking a wholesome dinner from scratch doesn’t must imply spending hours within the kitchen. In actual fact, it doesn’t even must imply spending half an hour in there in case you use this super-fast vegetarian stir-fry recipe from Waitrose which takes lower than 15 minutes to make.
A 3rd of that point is spent chopping and assembling the varied elements of the dish, so anybody who’s a wizard with a kitchen knife is perhaps finished in nearer to 10 minutes than 15. Then it’s merely a case of chucking all of it within the frying pan for a couple of minutes. In case you’re a quick eater and a demon on the subject of washing up, you is perhaps out of the kitchen having cooked, demolished and cleaned up all hint of your meal inside 30 minutes. Barely longer than in case you’d gone for a microwave ready-meal, and cooking this dish is a far tastier and more healthy possibility than doing that.
The recipe might be cooked as a pure veg and mushroom combo, or if you would like some additional protein within the dish, add in your favorite veggie meat different like Quorn. Or in case you’re not veggie in any respect, add in some meat (simply add a few minutes’ cooking time earlier than you add the mushrooms in step 1). And in case you’re not all for upping the protein content material however need extra meals, you possibly can at all times simply enhance the quantity of greens and mushrooms you throw into the combo. It’s a stir-fry – go wild. With the sesame oil, teriyaki sauce and rice wine combo you’ll be utilizing, it will style nice no matter else you throw in.
Components (Serves Two)
- 1tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 125g chestnut mushrooms, thickly sliced
- 300g stir-fry greens (eg cabbage, child sweetcorn, pink onion, carrots), sliced
- four salad onions, sliced
- 2tbsp teriyaki sauce
- 2tbsp rice wine
- 275g wholewheat straight-to-wok noodles
- Elective: 200g protein-rich meat different similar to Quorn items
- Warmth the oil in a wok or giant frying pan and fry the meat different (if utilizing) and mushrooms for one minute. Add the stir-fry greens and prepare dinner for 3 minutes.
- Stir within the salad onions, teriyaki sauce, rice wine, 2tbsp water and noodles, and stir-fry for 2 minutes earlier than serving.
Recipe and picture by way of of Waitrose.com